The National Centre for Arts and Health, Tallaght Hospital, presents an Art Therapy Support Group for people living chronic pain. Art Therapy is a form of psychotherapy in which art materials are used for self-expression and reflection in the presence of a professionally trained art therapist.
Benefits can include:
* Fostering self-expression
* Improving self-acceptance and self-esteem
* Strengthening a sense of self
* Reducing stress
* Enhancing adaptive coping skills
* Gaining a sense of control over difficult emotions and life situations
There is no charge to attend the group. It starts Monday, 21st Sept, 2.15pm-4.15pm and runs for 12 weeks.
This group is open to people over 18 with chronic pain conditions and takes place at Rua Red, with a limited 12 places.
To book a place please phone the National Centre for Arts and Health on 01 4142076 or email [email protected].