Since 2001, the month of September in the US has been declared “Pain Awareness Month”. Here in Chronic Pain Ireland (CPI) we also dedicate this month to raising awareness of chronic pain. We campaign for better services, improved resources and the need for more support services for people living with this condition.
CPI is part of an ongoing campaign mypainfeelslike which aims to raise awareness amongst the general population, medical practitioners and policy makers www.mypainfeelslike.ie
Throughout the month of September, CPI will run:
- FREE Self-Management workshops that anyone living with chronic pain can attend.
- Commencement of Public Awareness Talks taking place in local libraries.
- Pain Education Talk – Pain Education and the Patient with Persistent Pain, A map to guide and a compass to help on this difficult Journey
Details on all of the above can be found at https://www.chronicpain.ie/our-services/events-meetings
In addition to the above CPI is delighted that so many others groups and organisations use September as the time to promote services that can help manage pain levels. Some of the classes that CPI members are currently engaged with include:
- 6 week FREE Stress Control Classes in Galway and Roscommon – Psychology Dept. Galway/Roscommon PCCC for further details contact [email protected]
- 10 week FREE Creativity & Wellness Group starting October in the National Centre for Arts and Health, Tallaght
- 8 Week Mindfulness Stress Reduction Classes in Monkstown, Dublin. While there is no charge for this event, people are asked to contribute a €5 donation for each class to help cover costs. Contact Maggy Blake 087 6695477
- 8 week Autogenic Training Group Course for CPI members only based in Dublin.
On October 1st 100 cities across Italy take part in “100 Cities Against Pain” and Chronic Pain Ireland are delighted to lend our support to this event. More details will be posted on our website and social media pages nearer to this date.
October 7th is International Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness Day and over a hundred buildings and landmarks across the Globe will light up in TEAL to raise awareness. CPI is delighted to be a co-sponsor of the TN symposium with has a variety of distinguished speakers. For more information https://www.chronicpain.ie/about-us/news and to book a place on this FREE event email [email protected]