and Strategic Objectives
. . .
Our mission is to create a greater understanding and awareness of those living with chronic pain in Ireland. We aim to support our members and nurture those living with the condition and their families through guidance and information provision and to advocate within the wider community.
. . .
1. Advocacy & Awareness
- Raise awareness of CPI, its vision, mission and aim, for those living with Chronic Pain, amongst their families, employers, healthcare providers and our wider communities in general.
- Continue to develop CPI’s desired advocacy impacts in line with the wants, needs and requirements of our members.
- Work both independently and in partnership with decision makers and organisations to positively influence policy and attitudes in all areas impacting the lives of people with chronic pain.
- Research and identify international best practice in advocacy generally and advocating for the implications of living with chronic pain specifically.
2. Member Engagement and Education
Overall Aim: To continue to engage members and expand support and education services nationally to those living with chronic pain, their families, friends, caregivers and other interested parties.
- Continue to provide and develop further essential support services (phone line, website member events).
- Explore alternative methods of membership engagement to support member empowerment and self-management.
- Diversify current education services in a variety of settings including community, healthcare provider and other settings.
Overall Aim: To drive and participate in research concerning all aspects of life with chronic pain.
- Develop and maintain open relationships with the research community.
- Harness the involvement of patient voice at all stages of research.
- Maximise use of research findings to achieve other strategic goals.
Overall Aim: To continue to secure grant and donor funding and explore other options for the benefit of our members and the services we provide.
5. Governance & Compliance
Overall Aim: To continue to uphold proper governance and regulation of CPI ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory and statutory bodies.
- To comply with all voluntary, statutory and regulatory requirements, showing full transparency in all activities.